Wednesday, March 10, 2010

so, i have this friend. . .

. . .that is holding me accountable for memorizing scripture.  What a blessing to have friendships like this.  Yes.  I fall flat before her.  Yes.  She watches as I pick myself up and ask for more time.  I absolutely cherish my conversations with her.  What encouragement!  I thank God for friendships that help me grow closer to him.
Tonight at Bible Study, we discussed JOY.  In all the studying that I have done, I can only come to one conclusion.  That is this:  to have true JOY is only attainable by having an intimate relationship with my SAVIOR.  So whenever I seek happiness, I am seeking the wrong thing.  Happiness totally depends on circumstances around me.  If I want to have JOY, I only have to seek HIM!
Right now I am praising God for giving me relationships that help me seek HIM more.  I can't be thankful enough for ALL my friends that encourage me in my WALK WITH THE LORD, but especially right now I want to say thank you to my friend for memorizing with me, because. . .

For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.  - Romans 8:6

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you to friend and thanks for the scripture in Romans. You forgot to add that I fell flat before you also!!

schaurer's said...

So thankful today for your words of encouragement. I had not decided what we would memorize next. Now I know. Thanks for inspiring me.